Saturday, June 27, 2015

Deepika Padukone inspired Makeup Look from "Piku"

Hi Everyone,

Today I'm here to share my version of the 'Deepika Padukone inspired' makeup look from her movie 'Piku'. I haven't watched the movie yet, but I really liked her simple yet striking look. I have tried to re-create a similar look because this look is not only simple & easy to create, but it also enhances your eyes and can be easily sported by someone who wears glasses(like ahem...yours truly!). Read on to see how I recreated this look - 

1. Face - I used the Lakme Absolute Mousse in shade 'Golden Ivory' to create a natural & clean base. To conceal under-eye circles, I used the Derma Color Camouflage creme. To mattify and set the base, I used the Blue Heaven Artisto Compact all over the face. To replicate a natural blush, I used 'Peach Affair' blush from the Lakme 9 to 5 range.


2. Eyes - To avoid creasing & to create a base for the eye shadow, I applied some of my concealer to the eyelids. Once this was done, I dusted 'Creamy Cinnamon' blush by Maybelline Cheeky Glow on the eyelids (this is actually a blush, but a very versatile colour that I sometimes use as an eye shadow as well...I love products that can multi-task for me!). I lined the upper & lower lash lines with the Lotus Color Kick Kajal (Read review HERE). A simple VOV black eye shadow was used to smudge these lines out; this way the kajal doesn't run/smudge when your skin gets oily or sweaty. Smudging also increases the intensity of the eye look. For thicker looking eye brows like Deepika, I simply used the same kajal to fill out the sparse areas in my brows.


3. Lips - I used the Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick in 'Bronze Orange' on the lips. Try to stick to a neutral colour, so that the whole focus in on your eyes. 


I didn't own a black bindi, so I used my kajal to make one hehehe...and voila! your Piku-inspired makeup look is ready! Hope you enjoyed this look! Do try and recreate this sometime & enjoy the compliments that follow! Mine came from the Husband, who saw this and went, "Hey, you look so nice...very Bengali!!" Given that he had no idea I was creating a Piku-inspired look, that's a compliment now, isn't it?! **wink wink**

P.S. - You don't have to use the products I've used. Try & experiment with different products or better still, use the ones you have at hand :-)

Until the next post, Ciao!!



4 comments: