Tuesday, July 28, 2015

July Fab Bag 2015 - Review

Hi Everyone,

Feels great to be back to blogging! My Sis was here from Mumbai and the quality time we spent together talking about food, movies, family & just about everything under the sun, made me completely oblivious to the fact that I hadn't blogged in a while! It's like she brought along a small part of my childhood along with her. She left a couple of days ago and I suddenly realized I had all this pent up "writing energy" that I need to pour out on paper, well in this case my little blog! ;-)


So coming back to the topic, I received my July Fab Bag sometime ago and started using the products right away. I was excited from the time they released sneak-peeks of this month's bag, on all social media. The theme this month is 'Red Carpet' and the bag is a golden, blingy, clutch-like beauty. Its got tic-tac buttons (lol sorry that's what we called them when we were kids!) to close the clutch. The buttons open to reveal a zipper in the fold, which then opens up to show the contents of the bag.

Let's see what I got in the bag this month, along with a quick review of what I think about it -

1. Eye Told You So! Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in 01 Black Swan by Sugar -


I really liked the formula of this liner! Not only is it very pigmented but it also dries quickly to a sexy, matte black finish. The felt tip of the liner is neither too stiff nor extremely flexible; its just right for making wings, flicks, cat eyes or whatever rocks one's boat! Really like this one...

2. Vana Vidhi Luxury Shimmer Sunscreen -


While I'm happy that this sunscreen is 100% paraben-free, 100% vegan & is made of 10 natural and essential oils, I don't tend to use this too often. Mainly, due to the 'shimmer' factor - I don't like shimmery products during the day. Also, I don't know what the shimmer particles are made up of. I have used this a couple of time and I find it strictly okay :-)

3. Bella Pierre Cosmetics Mineral Lipstick in Ruby -



This lipstick got me very excited...lately any Red Lipstick tends to have that effect on me! :-P The lipstick is nice and creamy but not to the extent that it will bleed or feather out on your lips. Its a beautiful shade of red with slight orange undertones. It has a lovely formula but a very sheer finish & I need at least 2-3 swipes to get full colour payoff. It lasts on my lips for just about 3 hrs or so and fades away quickly. The lipstick leaves back a light stain on the lips, but its too light to leave it at that; I need a quick touch up for sure to get it back to its full glory! lol 'full glory' eh? wow I really seem to like red lipsticks, don't I? ;-)

4. Ayorma Spa Daily Scrub & Face Wash - 


These a chotu-sample size products that are really nice. I have tried these out & they've now found a place in my handbag because of their tiny, travel-friendly size. They leave my skin feeling nice, smooth and refreshed. I don't know about the others who have received these, but I am a little put off by the strong fragrance of these. 

Here's a simple, yet classic "Red Lips & Eyeliner" look I created using the Bella Pierre Mineral Lipstick (Ruby) & the Eye Told You So! eyeliner by Sugar: 


Overall, I'm quite happy with the bag this month. I really liked most of the products & I'm definitely going to find use for the blingy clutch that they all came in, on special evenings and family functions. 

Have you subscribed to a subscription box? Which one do you like? What are your thoughts on this month's FabBag if you have received one? Please leave your comments below to share your thoughts with me :-)

Until the next post, Ciao!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment